Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Easy, basic, good food.

I always love to cook simple food that just tastes good. The best meals I have had are the ones that are good home cooked simple food. So I cut 2 chicken breasts in half and scored the tops. I rubbed on fresh ground pepper and garlic salt and cooked them under the broiler. I added the same seasoning to a fresh tomato that I halved and put that under the broiler also. I made some very smooth mashed potatoes, I hate lumpy mash so I always cut my spuds into little pieces and boil them to death so that when they are mashed all you need is butter and milk with a little pepper and they are smooth and tasty. I then made some of my Mum's famous onion gravy and brocolli, our households favorite veg. This was a hit with all the family, very easy to make, simple clean flavors and fairly healthy.

1 comment:

NutMeg said...

Nice presentation.