Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Italian Chicken Pasta

This is a dish I invented a couple of years back and we decided to put it back on our menu again. I dice 2 chicken breasts and brown them in about a teaspoon of olive oil. Once browned I remove them from the pan and add about another teaspoon of oil and add a finely sliced onion and clove of garlic. Once they are soft I add in 2 cans of diced tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano and rosemary. I then bring it to a boil and put the chicken back in the sauce, I then season with a little salt and pepper and a a teaspoon of sugar to cut the acid. I then reduce the sauce for about 15-20 mins and taste to ensure it is seasoned. I then add the sauce to some freshly cooked whole wheat thin spaghetti and toss together. We have our parmesan cheese on hand for a couple of sprinkles for taste. This is incredibly tasty and healthy, our kids also loved it as you can see, and it always leaves leftovers for lunch the next day.



1 comment:

NutMeg said...

That looks so yummy! Don't know why, but lately I have been on a pasta/Italian kick. I will definitely try this recipe soon. Thanks Jim!