Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grilled Peaches

I had been wanting to try this for a long time so after a delicious meal of grilled whole trout and veggies I wanted a yummy summer treat. I quartered the peaches and then marinated them in my favorite mexican vanilla and a splash of almond essence. I had let the coals cook down as we were eating so there was a medium/high heat. I put the peaches skin down first for about 2 mins and then grilled on the other 2 sides for about 1 1/2 minutes each to get the grill marks. I whipped up some cream with sugar and almond essence and sprinkled almonds on top. On the 4th of July I used Mascarpone cheese for the first time, it was a little hard so next time I will whisk a little of the marinade into it to loosen it up but the taste was awesome.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yum~! I just made a similar dish today -- called skillet peaches a la mode... After cooking the peaches - you add brown sugar to the butter still in the pan w/ some peach nectar & reduce it into a carmel -- serve over ice cream w/ some sliced long sections of pie pastry. YUM!

Natalie Que said...

I've always wanted to do this too! Maybe it's time {actually, not quite yet since peaches aren't in season, but when they are!}

Marie said...

That sounds really good. We grilled peaches last summer, but they stuck to the grill. I assume that marinating them helps prevent that?