Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My kids favorite salmon.

I love to make salmon, it is tasty, healthy and it only needs a few subtle flavors to make it great. Too many people take fish and add too many flavors, I am a firm believer in subtle ingredients to enhance the natural flavor of fish. I love to cook my salmon in the oven, I take about 2" slices of our salmon fillet from Costco and lay them out on a large piece of foil. I squeeze over the juice of half a large lemon. I slice the other half and lay the slices on top of the salmon. On each slice I add just a very small piece of butter to melt over the fish. I put on top of that a sprinking of parsley and basil and a little freshly ground black pepper. I then wrap up the salmon to create a little parcel, making sure it is all sealed to keep in the steam. I cook it at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. I serve with brown rice and a veg, I like to pour some of the liquid over the rice and vegies on my plate, yummy. My kids eat a ton of this which we love as it is great for them.

5 comments:

Mel said...

YUM!! I like lots of seasoning on mine since I am not a huge fish person! I am impressed it is one of Presto's favorite dishes, my kids love it too!

Matt & April Herman said...

I love Salmon too! You make almost the same as i do. I do the lemon, butter, salt and pepper, and Dill. I will have to try it your way.~April

Kristen said...

Why did I not read this a week ago?!?!?!

My in-laws were just here - she only eats fish, veggies, and dairy and I had no clue how to cook salmon. So we bought it and she baked it. It turned out great so oh well, but I would have loved to know how to try it myself! Way to go! Our kids wouldn't touch the salmon. =o) We've already messed them up!

Natalie Que said...

This sounds great James! I love simple food that is easy, yet still has something special about it, like this!

Miss Megan said...

Oh you are making me hungry! I love simple food with simple ingredients, and especially seafood, although I am usually too afraid to cook it. Most of the seafood we eat comes from restaurants so it's probably loaded with calories. I need to branch out with my menu a little more. Thanks for the inspiration!