Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Delicious Tin Foil Dinners

Last week we went into the canyon and we wanted tin foil dinners. However, I always seem to hate tin foil dinners as half of the stuff is undercooked and the other half is burnt and it all tastes like carbon. So I decided to try something a little different. I defrosted 2 chicken breasts and cubed them fairly small. I quartered 2 spuds and then thinly sliced them. I then cut a zucchini into 4 strips and cut it into chunks, this I knew would cook quicker than the root veg. I then diced half a yellow onion and crushed a clove of Garlic. I put all this in a large Tupperware and added some olive oil, parsley, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. I shook it all together to make sure it all had an equal covering. I laid out 2 strips of foil in the shape of a cross and laid the mixture onto the foil. we had a grill cover so I had the foil open and started the mixture cooking on the grill. once the meat had started to color I divided up a can of tomatoes between the 2 dinners, wrapped the meals up and put them on the coals. After about 20 minutes I drained the juice and we had very moist chicken and veggies steamed in the tomato and chicken juice. Everything was cooked and the juices stopped it from burning. If you do not have the grill top you can just wrap it and start it cooking for about 5 minutes then open them and add the tomatoes.

1 comment:

Callie Canlas said...

heather told me tonight that you had added posts to this blog...i think when it comes to food,we are the same james. for real, let's plan when we'll do the bbq. we could compete if you want or you and i can just collaborate and blow everyone's minds. how does that sound my friend?