Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Lemonade

I had some requests for the recipie for lemonade that I made on my birthday.
You need
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
8 cups water

In a saucepan combine the sugar with 1 cup of water. Bring it to the boil and stir to disolve all the sugar. Allow it to cool at room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.

When juicing the lemons remove all the seeds but leave the pulp. In a pitcher stir together chilled syrup lemon juice and remaining 7 cups of water.

I have found that if you are in a time crunch you can make with warm syrup, I would just add ice and remove 1 cup of water. This will chill it quickly if you are in a hurry.

Also it is fun to have some fresh berries on hand, we used rasberries. I crushed on or two into the bottom of a glass and then poured the lemonade into it. You could even freeze rasberries into ice cubes that you add to the glass for a fun presentation.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Thanks so much for posting this!! I loved your lemonade.