Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sweet Onions

we had a red oninon left over the other night and I wanted to put it with some Salmon that I was poaching, so I started raiding the fridge and pantry. I started by slicing the onion into thin rings and heating some olive oil in a pan. I cooked the onions for about 4 minutes until they started softening. I squeezed over the juice of 1 lemon and added about 2-3 tablespoons of honey. As the onions softened the honey glazed thm and they absorbed the tangy lemon juice. This made a really simple side to the salmon, you could also put thes on a burger off the BBQ. The onion still taste like onion but had a sweet and tangy kick to it.

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Yummy! I will definitely have to try this sometime. I put onions in almost everything I cook. They add so much flavor. I will have to try your lemonade recipe as well. Love the blog!!!